It's Been a Hot Minute!

Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Hello fellow book lovers!  It's been a hot minute, hasn't it?  Sorry for kind of disappearing the past few months.  Here's a bit of an update to give you some explanation for why I suddenly stopped blogging regularly.

In November, soon after Jordan and I moved, I had some health issues come up.  I'd been having symptoms for a few months that had been getting progressively worse, and I knew something was wrong.  By the end of the year, I'd gotten settled with a bunch of new doctors and started treatment.  Thankfully my illness isn't life threatening, but it has required a lot of significant medical care, and in February, when I sort of dropped off the blogosphere, I began an intensive outpatient treatment program.  I thought I could keep up with blogging, but it was too much with my ongoing treatments, so I had to take a break.

The good news: I'm finishing out my intensive treatment program, I have a team of really great doctors who have helped me so much in treating my illness and getting it under control, and I am doing much better.  At the beginning, I was pretty overwhelmed by all of the treatments I had to undergo, but I'm so thankful for how much they have helped me and have improved my health.

All that said, I really hope to be more active on here!  I probably won't be able to post quite as much as I was earlier this year.  While I was undergoing treatment, I wasn't able to work.  I've been working in immigration for the past three years, but before that, I had been in higher education.  During my time "off," I had a lot of time to think about my life and where I'm going, and one day, with such clarity that it almost astounded me, I knew that I wanted to go back into teaching.  It just felt right, and I am completely at peace with this decision.  In fact, I'm extremely excited about it!

So that means I'm a student again!  I just started taking courses this week, and I'm working on all of the requirements to get my single subject teaching credential in English.  It feels a little strange to be a student again, but if you know me at all, you know that I love it.  I thrive in the classroom, and I can't wait to be back in it as a teacher again!

For those of you on Instagram and Goodreads, be sure to follow me there.  I'm a little more active and chatty on those platforms since they're built for shorter interactions, and I talk a lot about books and what I'm reading.  I'd love to connect with you!

Here are a few of my recent posts from Instagram:




 







As always, happy reading!

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you're feeling better and have enjoyed seeing your book posts on Instagram!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear you're doing so much better. And that you had that moment of life clarity. It's so wonderful to know what you're supposed to be doing with your life. Best of luck in your schooling endeavors! :)

    ReplyDelete

 
site design by designer blogs with floral elements by createthecut