Where My Books Have Been: La Jolla Shores

Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Southern California has some of the most beautiful beaches in the world, in my opinion.  Clear blue water, yellow sand beaches, lush greenery, and tide pools that are perfect for exploring, the beaches here are some of my favorite spots to visit on a lazy weekend day.  The water can be a little cold, especially in the winter when temperatures hover closer to 60 instead of 70 (sorry to all of my friends back east!), so I haven't been doing any swimming lately.  But Jordan and I love walking along the coastline, taking in the fresh ocean air and enjoying the sound of waves crashing against the shore.  It's the perfect way to relax and recenter after a long week, and I don't think I'll ever grow tired of these amazing sites.  There is so much natural beauty in this world, it's hard not to marvel at it all.   

One of my favorite beaches is the La Jolla Shores.  La Jolla is such a fun and charming beachfront city, and its coastline is pretty breathtaking.  I usually bring my journal and current read, grab a cup of hot tea at Living Room Coffeehouse, and then head over to the shore for a nice long walk before finding an out of the way spot to sit and just be.  Even though this beach draws locals and tourists, it's never hard to find a quiet place to relax and look out at the ocean.   


These seals have the life!  


 


There are so many beautiful tide pools to explore along the coastline.  


That surfer is braver than me - I'm too worried I'll get eaten by sharks to try it out!


On this particular Saturday morning, Jordan and I found a rock that was tucked away from other visitors, and we sat there enjoying the sound of the ocean and refreshing sea breeze.  It was the end of a stressful week for me, and being able to spend time outside, taking a moment to be still and truly appreciate my beautiful surroundings - it was exactly what I needed.  

Where are your favorite places to read and/or write?  

6 comments:

  1. Those are some stunning pictures! The water in La Jolla is absolutely beautiful. It always surprises me how clear it is. It gets that awesome blue-green color that I associate with far more tropical locations.

    Personally, my favorite places to read are shady grassy areas. Like the glade on my college campus. Or spots under trees while camping. Something about being outside (but not being roasted by the sun!) feels very conducive to a stint of reading.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!! I still can't believe how clear it is either. Simply stunning. And yes, a shady grassy spot is perfect for reading. :)

      Delete
  2. Those pictures are gorgeous. They certainly beat the view outside of my window at any point in time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right? I don't know how anyone in La Jolla ever gets anything done - it's so beautiful, I'd probably just stare at the view all day if I lived there!

      Delete
  3. Hey, I've been here, too (two weeks in a row I can say that about your posts! :) I have a friend who lives in San Diego, and we picnicked at La Jolla the last time I went to visit her. Your pictures are incredibly beautiful. Looks like a lovely place to relax and read a book!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh how fun! I'm glad you've been able to visit this beautiful place. And I'll definitely have to plan a picnic next time!

      Delete

 
site design by designer blogs with floral elements by createthecut