Where My Books Have Been: Balboa Park

Monday, January 12, 2015

As much as I love curling up on my couch with a good book, sometimes there's nothing nicer than grabbing your journal and the latest page-turner and heading out to a park, a new cafe, or your favorite independent bookstore.  Over the weekend, I went to one of my favorite spots, beautiful Balboa Park.  After exploring the Botanical Building and some of the other gardens, I found a quiet bench next to the Old Globe Theatre and did some writing and reading.  It was the perfect way to spend an afternoon.  



The Botanical Building, which is just as beautiful when lit up at night. 


 I recommend exploring with a fellow book lover whenever possible.






So many pages to fill.




The Japanese Friendship Garden



Where are you favorite places to read and/or write? 

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Balboa Park is kind of a hidden gem, isn't it? It feels weird to call it a "hidden" gem because so many people know where it is, but I think it fits. Mostly because so many people go there for the San Diego zoo or maybe one of the museums, and don't take the time to wander around and appreciate the overall ambience. Great gardens and architecture throughout.

    And yes, its sometimes a refreshing change of pace to trade out the armchair for a patch of grass, desk lamp for sunshine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful photos! I've lived in San Diego for about 3 years now and visited Balboa Park several times but I've yet to make it into the botanical building. I'll have to make it a point next time to actually enter the building! I love to read or write in cafés/coffee shops (a cliché, I know). I like Lions Coffee in downtown SD when I'm in the area.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! The botanical building is definitely worth checking out - it's small but beautiful, especially in springtime I'm sure when all the flowers are in bloom. I haven't been to Lions Coffee, so I'll have to check it out. Thanks for the recommendation!

      Delete

 
site design by designer blogs with floral elements by createthecut