Where My Books Have Been: Upstart Crow Bookstore & Coffee House

Monday, January 26, 2015

A few weekends ago, I visited Upstart Crow Bookstore & Coffee House in Seaport Village for the first time.  For someone who loves independent bookstores and a good cup of tea, this place is pretty perfect.  It's intimate and eclectic, with used books and recent releases, as well as a lot of fun gifts.  The best part is that there's a coffee house and comfortable reading chairs right in the store, so you can grab a cup and your book and/or journal and spend a couple of relaxing hours among fellow book lovers.




Upstart Crow doesn't have a huge book selection, but I was able to find a new book that I was looking for (Tell the Wolves I'm Home).  For me, the biggest draw is that they have a place to curl up with a good book, and the atmosphere is great.  Funky, colorful, and quiet, it's a unique stop for any book lover, and I'm happy to support bookstores like this.  

It's also located in beautiful Seaport Village, which is right on the water.  It's quaint and mostly quiet (it can get a little touristy, but it's not too bad), and there are a lot places to sit and read outside.  Jordan and I enjoyed this view of the ocean while sharing a warm pretzel.   





Seaport Village offers a great collection of unique shops, many of which are local to San Diego only.  My favorite stops include Presenting the Soap Opera, the California Candle Gallery, and Sinfulicious.  I may have to write a review about that last shop because it is so cool - they make completely customized bath and shower products right in the store, giving each customer their own signature scent.  Mine is Ruby Grapefruit and Italian Blood Orange, the perfect mix of citrus for a fun and very refreshing scent that isn't too overpowering.  I love it!      





Where are your favorite places to read and/or write? 

6 comments:

  1. Simply gorgeous photos. It looks so warm and beautiful, and the open-air shopping makes me jealous. So does Sinfulicious; how fun is it to come away with a signature scent?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It is such a fun and unique spot, and the open-air shopping is simply wonderful. If you're ever in Southern California, it's worth stopping by.

      Delete
  2. Oh wow sooo pretty! That staircase is like everything!! And I love all those cute shops omg!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, right? That staircase was the first thing I saw when I came into the bookstore, and it made me fall in love with the place. :)

      Delete
  3. Seaport Village is soooooo charming! I really love walking among the shops down their, espcially checking out the guy who stacks rocks. And that sign about coffee screams... I have seen the phrase before, but always love it. Almost as much as I love my caffine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the guy who stacks rocks is so awesome! I don't know how he does it. :)

      Delete

 
site design by designer blogs with floral elements by createthecut